Friday, April 17, 2015

Learning a second language

Learning a second language is fun but it is not an easy thing. The first hard thing of learning a second language is to remember lots of new vocabularies. For example, Compare to ,my first language, Chinese, english characters are pretty different. And even if you know many vocabularies, you may not understand what they exactly mean in English. Learning English does not only required remembering vocabulary but also learning new grammar. In my language, pronounce don't differentiate between male and female genders. For instance, "ta" means both he or she. Moreover, we don't need to learn verb tenses. In Chinese, we don't need to change verb into past tense when we are talking about the past. However, there is a easy way to learn a second language, to immerse yourself into a full second language environment. It is the fastest and the vest way to learn and to improve skills of a second language. In addition, when you study abroad, you will experience not only language but also culture. In my opinion, I suggest that people laearn a second language even if it is a little bit difficult to start. But I think you will have fun and get a useful skill after you excel in it.

1 comment:

  1. Sally,

    I think Chinese would be a very difficult language to learn. I would have to go to China.

    ReplyDelete